What are people's plans for September VHF contest?

James Duffey

With only three members on the mailing list, this may be premature, but what plans do members have for the upcoming September VHF Contest, beginning September 9? I will rove again, but my itinerary is not set.

Here are the rules:

< http://www.arrl.org/september-vhf >

The biggest change in the rules for this year is the contracted log submission date. Logs are now due 10 days after the contest ends, rather than 4 weeks.

I will send in a list of eligible members for the contest on the 8th. I will add the new NMVHF Society members we gained since the list I submitted for the 222+ contest.

I will resend this as the list grows, but this looks a good start. - KK6MC

James Duffey
Cedar Crest, NM
jamesduffey@comcast.net

Arne N7KA

It's working.  Maybe a few folks replied accepting invite.  My HONDA 2000i started after about 10 pulls.  I  had not been started since maybe Nov.  Ran smooth for 10 minutes on the old gas.  The STA-BILT must have done its job, though after adding it to fuel  tank months ago I ran it for a good 15 minutes.  Lesson learned.

With only three members on the mailing list, this may be premature, but what plans do members have for the upcoming September VHF Contest, beginning September 9? I will rove again, but my itinerary is not set.

Here are the rules:

< http://www.arrl.org/september-vhf >

The biggest change in the rules for this year is the contracted log submission date. Logs are now due 10 days after the contest ends, rather than 4 weeks.

I will send in a list of eligible members for the contest on the 8th. I will add the new NMVHF Society members we gained since the list I submitted for the 222+ contest.

I will resend this as the list grows, but this looks a good start. - KK6MC

James Duffey
Cedar Crest, NM
jamesduffey@...

Mike WB2FKO

So are we OK going public with the list?

James Duffey

Yes, it is fine with me. I don’t see any problems with it, except perhaps with the 1GHz storage limit, but if we can move stuff to the web site, I don’t see that as a limit. Also, there appears to be little of no opportunity for privacy invasion and there isn’t a bigger entity to join, so I don’t think that will be an issue for those who don’t like Yahoo or Google groups for instance. So, I say pull the trigger. - DUffey KK6MC

James Duffey
Cedar Crest, NM

On Sep 1, 2017, at 9:22 PM, Mike H <mph@...> wrote:

So are we OK going public with the list?

James Duffey

Meant 1GB limit.

James Duffey
Cedar Crest, NM

On Sep 1, 2017, at 9:29 PM, James Duffey <JamesDuffey@...> wrote:

Yes, it is fine with me. I don’t see any problems with it, except perhaps with the 1GHz storage limit, but if we can move stuff to the web site, I don’t see that as a limit. Also, there appears to be little of no opportunity for privacy invasion and there isn’t a bigger entity to join, so I don’t think that will be an issue for those who don’t like Yahoo or Google groups for instance. So, I say pull the trigger. - DUffey KK6MC

James Duffey
Cedar Crest, NM

On Sep 1, 2017, at 9:22 PM, Mike H <mph@...> wrote:

So are we OK going public with the list?

Arne N7KA

It  seems to be working OK.  Was it just a reply to invite email or was the word  ACCEPT I entered the key?  I believe the  former.