Date   

Re: 10GHz beacon project

Paul Probert
 

Bob,
  Hi, Paul Probert here.  I've been looking for a 10 GHz beacon to help with lining up and testing a 10 GHz station I'm putting together here in ABQ. So I'm glad to hear you are working on one up there in Los Alamos.  Maybe we can collaborate.  One of my neighbors used to do some work on the commercial antennas up on Sandia Crest and maybe he'd suggest somebody to talk to about getting permission to mount a beacon up there and give us some power to plug into.
  On the precision of the slots on your omni antenna I'm not sure but in my experience things like that work acceptably well without requiring super high precision.
   To build an omni one idea is to make some kind of disc-cone antenna.  Wouldn't need to be much but a couple copper cones mounted on the end of a piece of .141 inch hard line.  It would end up being vertically polarized.
   At the moment I have a VNA that can be used to check the SWR of any such antennas at X band.
   Did you have something in mind for your signal source?  For my station I've put together a synthesized source based on a YIG oscillator and a Rubidium reference.  Waay overkill for a beacon.  But I think there are a few synthesizer chips available these days with built in VCO's that might be acceptable.

Paul Probert


Re: 10GHz beacon project

redarlington
 

No location, we're just spitballing at this point, but it's real enough that I thought it worth mentioning here on the list.  My roof (or just above up on the tower) is in the shadow of Pajarito, so aiming half the power in that direction using an omni doesn't make an enormous amount of sense.   But I'm close with RMHAM and may be able to pull off some magic and get installed up on Pajarito on the tower up there, or maybe at another site at Sandia Peak.   Tackling the easiest bits first is where the antenna comes in.   That said, I've never had to hold a 0.003" tolerance, but have done much better than that for the fun of it.  Camera mounts for an old LANL project out to the limits of my calipers at whatever the temperature of the shop was at the time as an example.  The trick will involve doing some test cuts and see where they measure and adjusting from there.  With 6' of material, there's plenty to experiment with.  I'm also handy with microcontrollers (PIC in particular) and can whip up hardware to control the thing.   I'd be interested in stepping the power down between 3 levels and a CW ID, but running a stepped attenuator over months or years will be problematic.  No moving parts and adjusting input amplitude early in the RF chain with zero moving parts is probably better.  But that's for the future but worth thinking about now, as passively as it might be.

I was thinking roughly 2W but I'll see what's out there on the market.  This will be a long term year long thing should it gain momentum I think.   Input from the group is VERY welcome.  I'm new at all of this stuff.   As comfortable as I might feel at 23cm, 3cm is a world where I have limited capabilities to do any testing.

-Bob



On Wed, Dec 22, 2021 at 11:29 AM n6rmj <n6rmj@...> wrote:

Hello all

 

Very interested in the progress of the 10ghz beacon

Do you have a location where you are going to put it?

 

I am in the progress of getting my 4ft dish up and 30 watts at the antenna /digital ready

I live in dm25re Bullhead city az

I also go out rover  with 30inch dish and 30  watts / digital ready

 

I have a 10ghz digital group on facebook

And you are welcome there

 


Re: 10GHz beacon project

PATRICK COKER
 

Hello all

 

Very interested in the progress of the 10ghz beacon

Do you have a location where you are going to put it?

 

I am in the progress of getting my 4ft dish up and 30 watts at the antenna /digital ready

I live in dm25re Bullhead city az

I also go out rover  with 30inch dish and 30  watts / digital ready

 

I have a 10ghz digital group on facebook

And you are welcome there

 

From: main@nmvhf.groups.io [mailto:main@nmvhf.groups.io] On Behalf Of redarlington
Sent: Wednesday, December 22, 2021 10:55 AM
To: K Chapman
Cc: main@nmvhf.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nmvhf] 10GHz beacon project

 

I did get my needed info about the slots needing to line up "front to back", and was recommended to add wings for a better pattern.   We very much do want an omni and have various horn and choke ring feeds.   Smooshed flat round pattern is what we're after.   Maybe anyway, depending on a few things.  Thank you for the additional info.  I have a lot of homework to do before I cut any metal.

 

-Bob

 

On Wed, Dec 22, 2021 at 10:42 AM K Chapman <mailbox@...> wrote:

On 12/22/21 18:01, redarlington wrote:

Hi all,

 

I managed to find a 6' stick of WR90 with a choke flange at each end.  My plan is to work with a friend in Albuquerque to build a pair of slot antennas using W1GHZ's documentation and spreadsheet, and split the rest of the waveguide up between us.  

 

In just about every picture or video of these things, I see the slots go straight through from one side of the WR90 and out the other side, like they were done with a wire EDM machine (even when done on a mill).   My original plan was to mill one side, and flip the part and then do the other, which would leave me with slots that do not line up front to back.  My question is, does this matter?   Have CNC, can adapt, and all that.  But if the vertical slots are effectively horizontal dipoles, why would it matter if they were lined up with each other or not?

 

I'm more of a machinist than a microwave plumber, but I'm not much of a machinist ;-)

 

Thanks,

Bob - N3XKB in Los Alamos, NM

Yeah I just want to chime in here. I think you’ll want some gain at that frequency (slot antennas are roughly omnidirectional). If you have tooling it would be just as well to make a horn antenna or even a backfire antenna

https://www.antenna-theory.com/antennas/aperture/slot.php

https://www.pasternack.com/standard-gain-horn-waveguide-size-wr75-20-db-gain-sma-female-pe9855sf-20-p.aspx

https://www.researchgate.net/figure/Cylindrical-horn-antenna-with-8-12GHz-11_fig1_324433933

AK5Z


Re: 10GHz beacon project

James Duffey
 

A good rule of thumb when deciding tolerances of all kinds involving lengths of things in RF applications is the one degree rule. That is, a tolerance resulting in one degree of error is acceptable. There are 360° degrees per wavelength, so the tolerance is easy to figure out. For 10 GHz, or 3cm wavelength, that error is 3cm/360° = 1/120cm = 0.003 inches. That exceeds my matching capabilities, but you can probably do that with care. A looser rule of thumb is that tolerances should be held to 1/100 wavelength, which is about 0.010 inches. You should be able to do somewhere in-between, which I would guess is fine. Someone with a microwave modeling program like PUFF can verify this, but I no longer have access to those tools.  - Duffey KK6MC 

On Dec 22, 2021, at 11:54, redarlington <rdarlington@...> wrote:

I did get my needed info about the slots needing to line up "front to back", and was recommended to add wings for a better pattern.   We very much do want an omni and have various horn and choke ring feeds.   Smooshed flat round pattern is what we're after.   Maybe anyway, depending on a few things.  Thank you for the additional info.  I have a lot of homework to do before I cut any metal.

-Bob

On Wed, Dec 22, 2021 at 10:42 AM K Chapman <mailbox@...> wrote:
On 12/22/21 18:01, redarlington wrote:
Hi all,

I managed to find a 6' stick of WR90 with a choke flange at each end.  My plan is to work with a friend in Albuquerque to build a pair of slot antennas using W1GHZ's documentation and spreadsheet, and split the rest of the waveguide up between us.  

In just about every picture or video of these things, I see the slots go straight through from one side of the WR90 and out the other side, like they were done with a wire EDM machine (even when done on a mill).   My original plan was to mill one side, and flip the part and then do the other, which would leave me with slots that do not line up front to back.  My question is, does this matter?   Have CNC, can adapt, and all that.  But if the vertical slots are effectively horizontal dipoles, why would it matter if they were lined up with each other or not?

I'm more of a machinist than a microwave plumber, but I'm not much of a machinist ;-)

Thanks,
Bob - N3XKB in Los Alamos, NM

Yeah I just want to chime in here. I think you’ll want some gain at that frequency (slot antennas are roughly omnidirectional). If you have tooling it would be just as well to make a horn antenna or even a backfire antenna

https://www.antenna-theory.com/antennas/aperture/slot.php

https://www.pasternack.com/standard-gain-horn-waveguide-size-wr75-20-db-gain-sma-female-pe9855sf-20-p.aspx

https://www.researchgate.net/figure/Cylindrical-horn-antenna-with-8-12GHz-11_fig1_324433933

AK5Z



Re: 10GHz beacon project

redarlington
 

I did get my needed info about the slots needing to line up "front to back", and was recommended to add wings for a better pattern.   We very much do want an omni and have various horn and choke ring feeds.   Smooshed flat round pattern is what we're after.   Maybe anyway, depending on a few things.  Thank you for the additional info.  I have a lot of homework to do before I cut any metal.

-Bob

On Wed, Dec 22, 2021 at 10:42 AM K Chapman <mailbox@...> wrote:
On 12/22/21 18:01, redarlington wrote:
Hi all,

I managed to find a 6' stick of WR90 with a choke flange at each end.  My plan is to work with a friend in Albuquerque to build a pair of slot antennas using W1GHZ's documentation and spreadsheet, and split the rest of the waveguide up between us.  

In just about every picture or video of these things, I see the slots go straight through from one side of the WR90 and out the other side, like they were done with a wire EDM machine (even when done on a mill).   My original plan was to mill one side, and flip the part and then do the other, which would leave me with slots that do not line up front to back.  My question is, does this matter?   Have CNC, can adapt, and all that.  But if the vertical slots are effectively horizontal dipoles, why would it matter if they were lined up with each other or not?

I'm more of a machinist than a microwave plumber, but I'm not much of a machinist ;-)

Thanks,
Bob - N3XKB in Los Alamos, NM

Yeah I just want to chime in here. I think you’ll want some gain at that frequency (slot antennas are roughly omnidirectional). If you have tooling it would be just as well to make a horn antenna or even a backfire antenna

https://www.antenna-theory.com/antennas/aperture/slot.php

https://www.pasternack.com/standard-gain-horn-waveguide-size-wr75-20-db-gain-sma-female-pe9855sf-20-p.aspx

https://www.researchgate.net/figure/Cylindrical-horn-antenna-with-8-12GHz-11_fig1_324433933

AK5Z


Re: 10GHz beacon project

K Chapman
 

On 12/22/21 18:01, redarlington wrote:
Hi all,

I managed to find a 6' stick of WR90 with a choke flange at each end.  My plan is to work with a friend in Albuquerque to build a pair of slot antennas using W1GHZ's documentation and spreadsheet, and split the rest of the waveguide up between us.  

In just about every picture or video of these things, I see the slots go straight through from one side of the WR90 and out the other side, like they were done with a wire EDM machine (even when done on a mill).   My original plan was to mill one side, and flip the part and then do the other, which would leave me with slots that do not line up front to back.  My question is, does this matter?   Have CNC, can adapt, and all that.  But if the vertical slots are effectively horizontal dipoles, why would it matter if they were lined up with each other or not?

I'm more of a machinist than a microwave plumber, but I'm not much of a machinist ;-)

Thanks,
Bob - N3XKB in Los Alamos, NM

Yeah I just want to chime in here. I think you’ll want some gain at that frequency (slot antennas are roughly omnidirectional). If you have tooling it would be just as well to make a horn antenna or even a backfire antenna

https://www.antenna-theory.com/antennas/aperture/slot.php

https://www.pasternack.com/standard-gain-horn-waveguide-size-wr75-20-db-gain-sma-female-pe9855sf-20-p.aspx

https://www.researchgate.net/figure/Cylindrical-horn-antenna-with-8-12GHz-11_fig1_324433933

AK5Z


10GHz beacon project

redarlington
 

Hi all,

I managed to find a 6' stick of WR90 with a choke flange at each end.  My plan is to work with a friend in Albuquerque to build a pair of slot antennas using W1GHZ's documentation and spreadsheet, and split the rest of the waveguide up between us.  

In just about every picture or video of these things, I see the slots go straight through from one side of the WR90 and out the other side, like they were done with a wire EDM machine (even when done on a mill).   My original plan was to mill one side, and flip the part and then do the other, which would leave me with slots that do not line up front to back.  My question is, does this matter?   Have CNC, can adapt, and all that.  But if the vertical slots are effectively horizontal dipoles, why would it matter if they were lined up with each other or not?

I'm more of a machinist than a microwave plumber, but I'm not much of a machinist ;-)

Thanks,
Bob - N3XKB in Los Alamos, NM


Re: VHF Contest Survey

David Hollander
 

Hi Duffey - I completed the survey.

73,

Dave N7RK

--
Dave Hollander N7RK
Arizona Tube Supply
http://arizonatubesupply.com

Ham Radio Page
http://n7rk.com


Re: VHF Contest Survey

Michael Daly
 

Jim,
I completed the survey
Mike

On Sun, Dec 19, 2021 at 6:43 PM James Duffey <JamesDuffey@...> wrote:
All - If you have participated in a VHF+ contest in the last 2 years and included your e-mail address in your log submission, you should have received an invitation to complete a survey on the impact of digital modes on your VHF contest operation. If you did not receive an e-mail, you can complete the survey by going to < surveymonkey.com/r/VHF-Contest-Survey-2021 > . In addition to the formatted questions, there is space on the survey to fill in individual comments.

The poll closes December 27, so there is a fairly short window to get your input in. Whatever your feelings on the digital modes are, please complete the form. Thanks - Duffey KK6MC

KK6MC
James Duffey
Cedar Crest NM




VHF Contest Survey

James Duffey
 

All - If you have participated in a VHF+ contest in the last 2 years and included your e-mail address in your log submission, you should have received an invitation to complete a survey on the impact of digital modes on your VHF contest operation. If you did not receive an e-mail, you can complete the survey by going to < surveymonkey.com/r/VHF-Contest-Survey-2021 > . In addition to the formatted questions, there is space on the survey to fill in individual comments.

The poll closes December 27, so there is a fairly short window to get your input in. Whatever your feelings on the digital modes are, please complete the form. Thanks - Duffey KK6MC

KK6MC
James Duffey
Cedar Crest NM




KK6MC/r on APRS

James Duffey
 

I neglected to mention that I will be sending my position on APRS when I have coverage. 

James Duffey KK6MC
Cedar Crest NM

On Sep 10, 2021, at 12:12, James Duffey <jamesduffey@...> wrote:


Here is the KK6MC/r itinerary for the September 2021 VHF contest. As always, schedule is flexible and has some contingency built in, but it never seems like enough. If conditions are good, I may be delayed. If they are poor, I will slow up. 

You can text me or phone me at (505) 228-5491. I will also be on Slack. 

Current plan is to be on 4 bands, 6M, 2M, 222MHz and 432MHz. I will have SSB, CW, and WSJT-X. I intend to go to the analog modes on the hour and half hour. 

6M Moxon and 100W
2M 8 ft Yagi and 100W
222MHz 8 ft Yagi and 30W
432MHz 8 ft Yagi and 50 W

See you in the contest. Listen for the weak ones. - Duffey




Grid

Time In (UTC)

Time Out (UTC)

 

 

Saturday September 11

DM75ba

1800

1945

 

 

DM74bx

2015

2200

 

 

DM64xx

2230

0015

 

 

DM65uc (?)

0045

0200 (or later?)

 

 

Sunday September 12

DM65

1400

1430

In motion

DM64

1430

1530

In Motion

 

DM64nb

1530

1600

Stopped at Socorro Cty Fairgrounds

DM64

1600

1630

In Motion

 

DM63

1630

1715

In Motion

 

DM63uu

1715

1830

Stopped

 

Dm63

1830

1900

In motion

 

DM73AP

1900

2000

stopped

 

DM73

2000

2030

In motion

 

DM74

2030

2100

In Motion

 

DM64

2100

2145

In Motion

 

Depending on how things go and how they went on Saturday, I may redo DM75 and perhaps the rest of the Moriiarty convergence.

 



KK6MC
James Duffey
Cedar Crest NM




WSJT-X QSY

James Duffey
 

If I work you on FT8 or FT4, and, please do try FT4, I will QSY to 2M if we worked on 6M, and to 6M if we worked on 2M. If we complete on 2M, let's try 432MHz. If you have 222MHz, we can try that as well. This worked for John and I in July.

Sorry I forgot this the first time around. - Duffey KK6MC

KK6MC
James Duffey
Cedar Crest NM



On Sep 10, 2021, at 12:12, James Duffey <jamesduffey@...> wrote:

Here is the KK6MC/r itinerary for the September 2021 VHF contest. As always, schedule is flexible and has some contingency built in, but it never seems like enough. If conditions are good, I may be delayed. If they are poor, I will slow up. 

You can text me or phone me at (505) 228-5491. I will also be on Slack. 

Current plan is to be on 4 bands, 6M, 2M, 222MHz and 432MHz. I will have SSB, CW, and WSJT-X. I intend to go to the analog modes on the hour and half hour. 

6M Moxon and 100W
2M 8 ft Yagi and 100W
222MHz 8 ft Yagi and 30W
432MHz 8 ft Yagi and 50 W

See you in the contest. Listen for the weak ones. - Duffey




Grid

Time In (UTC)

Time Out (UTC)

 

 

Saturday September 11

DM75ba

1800

1945

 

 

DM74bx

2015

2200

 

 

DM64xx

2230

0015

 

 

DM65uc (?)

0045

0200 (or later?)

 

 

Sunday September 12

DM65

1400

1430

In motion

DM64

1430

1530

In Motion

 

DM64nb

1530

1600

Stopped at Socorro Cty Fairgrounds

DM64

1600

1630

In Motion

 

DM63

1630

1715

In Motion

 

DM63uu

1715

1830

Stopped

 

Dm63

1830

1900

In motion

 

DM73AP

1900

2000

stopped

 

DM73

2000

2030

In motion

 

DM74

2030

2100

In Motion

 

DM64

2100

2145

In Motion

 

Depending on how things go and how they went on Saturday, I may redo DM75 and perhaps the rest of the Moriiarty convergence.

 



KK6MC
James Duffey
Cedar Crest NM





KK6MC/r itinerary

James Duffey
 

Here is the KK6MC/r itinerary for the September 2021 VHF contest. As always, schedule is flexible and has some contingency built in, but it never seems like enough. If conditions are good, I may be delayed. If they are poor, I will slow up. 

You can text me or phone me at (505) 228-5491. I will also be on Slack. 

Current plan is to be on 4 bands, 6M, 2M, 222MHz and 432MHz. I will have SSB, CW, and WSJT-X. I intend to go to the analog modes on the hour and half hour. 

6M Moxon and 100W
2M 8 ft Yagi and 100W
222MHz 8 ft Yagi and 30W
432MHz 8 ft Yagi and 50 W

See you in the contest. Listen for the weak ones. - Duffey




Grid

Time In (UTC)

Time Out (UTC)

 

 

Saturday September 11

DM75ba

1800

1945

 

 

DM74bx

2015

2200

 

 

DM64xx

2230

0015

 

 

DM65uc (?)

0045

0200 (or later?)

 

 

Sunday September 12

DM65

1400

1430

In motion

DM64

1430

1530

In Motion

 

DM64nb

1530

1600

Stopped at Socorro Cty Fairgrounds

DM64

1600

1630

In Motion

 

DM63

1630

1715

In Motion

 

DM63uu

1715

1830

Stopped

 

Dm63

1830

1900

In motion

 

DM73AP

1900

2000

stopped

 

DM73

2000

2030

In motion

 

DM74

2030

2100

In Motion

 

DM64

2100

2145

In Motion

 

Depending on how things go and how they went on Saturday, I may redo DM75 and perhaps the rest of the Moriiarty convergence.

 



KK6MC
James Duffey
Cedar Crest NM




Re: N7GP/R Sept. Contest plans

Tom
 

Sounds great Ed

On 2021-09-09 10:59, Ed wrote:
Will look for you.
N5JEH
--
Sent from Outlook Email App for Android Thursday, 09 September 2021,
10:56AM -06:00 from John Stanford wb8svn@...:

Wow Tom
I’m impressed!
I’ll look forward you on Sunday.
John, KF6I
On Thu, Sep 9, 2021 at 9:46 AM Tom wrote:

To All..
Due to work commitments, I will not be starting my Rover operation
until
Saturday 6 pm AZ LOCAL time ,,I.E..0100 UTC Sunday,,
I will start in the 4 corner are of DM32, DM33, DM42, DM43 and
circle
that until 10 PM,,,
Over night I will be on msk144 50.260 from DM42 And DM43...
Sunday morning I will be back on the road by 1500 UTC ,, 8 am
local AZ
time again in the 4 corner DM32, DM33, DM42, DM43.. Then in
afternoon
Sunday I will work my way to DM34, DM44 and If time permits DM45
and
will be active until the end of the contest Sunday night...
I will have all bands 6 meters thru 10 GHz ,,
Digital modes on 6, 2, and 432 only..
Cw, SSB and FM on ALL bands,,
I will be on Rover Slack and email address above
And cell# is 419-370-8802....so please get with me for ANY skeds
or if
you want to try a contact..
Good luck to everyone..
Hope to work MANY of you ,,
Tom
N7GP/R
ex WA8WZG
6 meter Beacon 50.070 DM42dw
2 meter Beacon 144.055
222 Beacon 222.068
432 Beacon 432.055
--
John Stanford - President
Tork Technologies, LLC
dba Island Amplifier USA
(714) 412-7399
ARS KF6I
Links:
------
[1] https://nmvhf.groups.io/g/main/message/1162
[2] https://groups.io/mt/85489075/519044
[3] https://nmvhf.groups.io/g/main/post
[4] https://nmvhf.groups.io/g/main/editsub/519044
[5] https://nmvhf.groups.io/g/main/unsub


Re: N7GP/R Sept. Contest plans

Ed
 

Will look for you.

N5JEH

--
Sent from Outlook Email App for Android

Thursday, 09 September 2021, 10:56AM -06:00 from John Stanford wb8svn@...:

Wow Tom

I’m impressed!

I’ll look forward you on Sunday. 

John, KF6I

On Thu, Sep 9, 2021 at 9:46 AM Tom <wa8wzg@...> wrote:
To All..
Due to work commitments, I will not be starting my Rover operation until
Saturday 6 pm AZ LOCAL time ,,I.E..0100 UTC Sunday,,
I will start in the 4 corner are of DM32, DM33, DM42, DM43 and circle
that until 10 PM,,,
Over night I will be on msk144 50.260 from DM42 And DM43...
Sunday morning I will be back on the road  by 1500 UTC ,, 8 am local AZ
time again in the 4 corner DM32, DM33, DM42, DM43.. Then in afternoon
Sunday I will work my way to DM34, DM44 and If time permits DM45 and
will be active until the end of the contest Sunday night...


I will have all bands 6 meters thru 10 GHz ,,

Digital modes on 6, 2, and 432 only..

Cw, SSB and FM on ALL bands,,
I will be on Rover Slack and email address above
And cell# is 419-370-8802....so please get with me for ANY skeds or if
you want to try a contact..
Good luck to everyone..
Hope to work MANY of you ,,
Tom
N7GP/R
ex WA8WZG
6 meter Beacon 50.070 DM42dw
2 meter Beacon 144.055
222 Beacon 222.068
432 Beacon 432.055






--
John Stanford - President
Tork Technologies, LLC
dba Island Amplifier USA
(714) 412-7399
ARS KF6I


Re: N7GP/R Sept. Contest plans

John Stanford
 

Wow Tom

I’m impressed!

I’ll look forward you on Sunday. 

John, KF6I

On Thu, Sep 9, 2021 at 9:46 AM Tom <wa8wzg@...> wrote:
To All..
Due to work commitments, I will not be starting my Rover operation until
Saturday 6 pm AZ LOCAL time ,,I.E..0100 UTC Sunday,,
I will start in the 4 corner are of DM32, DM33, DM42, DM43 and circle
that until 10 PM,,,
Over night I will be on msk144 50.260 from DM42 And DM43...
Sunday morning I will be back on the road  by 1500 UTC ,, 8 am local AZ
time again in the 4 corner DM32, DM33, DM42, DM43.. Then in afternoon
Sunday I will work my way to DM34, DM44 and If time permits DM45 and
will be active until the end of the contest Sunday night...


I will have all bands 6 meters thru 10 GHz ,,

Digital modes on 6, 2, and 432 only..

Cw, SSB and FM on ALL bands,,
I will be on Rover Slack and email address above
And cell# is 419-370-8802....so please get with me for ANY skeds or if
you want to try a contact..
Good luck to everyone..
Hope to work MANY of you ,,
Tom
N7GP/R
ex WA8WZG
6 meter Beacon 50.070 DM42dw
2 meter Beacon 144.055
222 Beacon 222.068
432 Beacon 432.055






--
John Stanford - President
Tork Technologies, LLC
dba Island Amplifier USA
(714) 412-7399
ARS KF6I


N7GP/R Sept. Contest plans

Tom
 

To All..
Due to work commitments, I will not be starting my Rover operation until Saturday 6 pm AZ LOCAL time ,,I.E..0100 UTC Sunday,,
I will start in the 4 corner are of DM32, DM33, DM42, DM43 and circle that until 10 PM,,,
Over night I will be on msk144 50.260 from DM42 And DM43...
Sunday morning I will be back on the road by 1500 UTC ,, 8 am local AZ time again in the 4 corner DM32, DM33, DM42, DM43.. Then in afternoon Sunday I will work my way to DM34, DM44 and If time permits DM45 and will be active until the end of the contest Sunday night...


I will have all bands 6 meters thru 10 GHz ,,

Digital modes on 6, 2, and 432 only..

Cw, SSB and FM on ALL bands,,
I will be on Rover Slack and email address above
And cell# is 419-370-8802....so please get with me for ANY skeds or if you want to try a contact..
Good luck to everyone..
Hope to work MANY of you ,,
Tom
N7GP/R
ex WA8WZG
6 meter Beacon 50.070 DM42dw
2 meter Beacon 144.055
222 Beacon 222.068
432 Beacon 432.055


Re: September VHF Event

John Klem
 

My plan is to operate Saturday only, starting in DM53xx and moving just a bit at some point to DM54, depending on activity.  I think I'll have internet there, so look for me on the NMVHF slack chat channel for coordination, or feel free to send me a text at 505-373-4671 or 505-339-5411.  SSB, CW, FT8.

6 m: 3 el. yagi 100 W
2 m: 6 el. yagi 100 W
432: 11 el. yagi 50 W

John, AA5PR/R

On 9/7/2021 6:53 PM, Kyle Best, KC0LFQ via groups.io wrote:
Wondering if anyone is planning to work the VHF contest this weekend.  I am thinking about going down to Gallinas Peak (DM74cf) on Saturday morning.  See if I can maybe work the locals on 6m, 2m and 70cm back in Albuquerque.  I don't plan to make it an overnight, since I won't have an FT-8 computer setup with my current power budget (45 watt solar panel and a battery), and once the local contacts have been worked, there's not much sense waiting around on 6m for a ssb contact to show up.

I have 23cm, 6cm and 3cm transverters, at ~10mW each, feeding horn antennas, (circuit-board yagi on 23cm) and could take them along to try if anyone will be out roving the south plains.  I doubt I can get back to Abq with them since the Manzano's would be in the way.

Hope to hear some folks around on Saturday.

-- Kyle, KC0LFQ


September VHF Event

David Jarmuth
 

I will likely be participating both days from here in Colorado Springs ( DM78pv ).  Probably 6m, 5m, and 70cm SSB.  I know that may not help you guys too much, but I have worked N5JEH in Albuquerque before, so it is possible!

73's,
David
KB0KQI


Re: September VHF Event

Doug Gilliam
 

Hi Mike,

I will be portable at the south rim of the Grand Canyon at DM45aw. I'll be on 6 thru 1296 with long boom yagis on 2 meters and up. A loop on 6. SSB,CW,FT8. When I get up there tomorrow I will run a terrain analysis for your direction.

Good luck in the contest!

Doug, K7EME 


Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone



-------- Original message --------
From: Michael Daly <arrowengineering1@...>
Date: 9/8/21 4:49 AM (GMT-07:00)
To: main@nmvhf.groups.io, klemjf@...
Subject: Re: [nmvhf] September VHF Event

I will be operating from the home QTH in Gallup, DM55pm. 6 2 & 432 ssb and cw.

Mike, n5sj

 

Michael Daly

1408 Linda Drive

Gallup, NM 87301-5616

Cell: 505-870-3430

e-mail: arrowengineering1@...

 

 

 

From: main@nmvhf.groups.io <main@nmvhf.groups.io> On Behalf Of John Klem
Sent: Tuesday, September 07, 2021 10:28 PM
To: main@nmvhf.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nmvhf] September VHF Event

 

I'll be participating, but probably Saturday only as well, and a very limited rove.  I'll post again when I have it figured out.

John, AA5PR

On 9/7/2021 6:53 PM, Kyle Best, KC0LFQ via groups.io wrote:

Wondering if anyone is planning to work the VHF contest this weekend.  I am thinking about going down to Gallinas Peak (DM74cf) on Saturday morning.  See if I can maybe work the locals on 6m, 2m and 70cm back in Albuquerque.  I don't plan to make it an overnight, since I won't have an FT-8 computer setup with my current power budget (45 watt solar panel and a battery), and once the local contacts have been worked, there's not much sense waiting around on 6m for a ssb contact to show up.

I have 23cm, 6cm and 3cm transverters, at ~10mW each, feeding horn antennas, (circuit-board yagi on 23cm) and could take them along to try if anyone will be out roving the south plains.  I doubt I can get back to Abq with them since the Manzano's would be in the way.

Hope to hear some folks around on Saturday.

-- Kyle, KC0LFQ

61 - 80 of 1236