Re: June contest questions

redarlington

This sounds very reasonable.  I was looking at Clara Peak in DM66 but was scared off by the language about the last stretch to the fire lookout.

Truchas Lookout it is.

Thanks Keith, and the rest.  Especially for pointing out the reference I didn't know I already had (the website).
-Bob N3XKB

On Mon, Jun 8, 2020 at 4:29 PM Keith Morehouse <w9rm@...> wrote:
Bob, you could go right east across the valley to the Truchas overlook in DM76 and probably be the only guy active from that grid.  I'd love to work you on 6 from there.

Site details are here:

On Mon, Jun 8, 2020, 4:19 PM Arne N7KA <N7KA@...> wrote:
Probably anywhere in DM66 to provide a needed multiplier to others.

Arne N7KA
On 06/08/2020 3:06 PM redarlington <rdarlington@...> wrote:

Hi guys,

I'd like to participate in the contest this weekend to do an equipment shakedown.  I hear there are some locations that I can drive to and setup and make a few Qs, but really have no idea about where the preferred locations are or what's even close to me (I'm in Los Alamos).

The plan is to drag out the 6 meter hexbeam (folds up), small 2 meter beam (Arrow, handheld but probably will strap it down to a pole), 23cm (cheap yagi with 25W DEMI transverter), and 10GHz dish (DEMI transverter right into the feed, 10mW I think).   I'd appreciate any recommendations that are not crazy far from home on where to setup.

Thanks,
-Bob N3XKB