Re: June contest questions

Jonesy W3DHJ

On Mon, 8 Jun 2020, redarlington wrote:

I'd like to participate in the contest this weekend to do an equipment
shakedown. I hear there are some locations that I can drive to and setup
and make a few Qs, but really have no idea about where the
preferred locations are or what's even close to me (I'm in Los Alamos).

The plan is to drag out the 6 meter hexbeam (folds up), small 2 meter beam
(Arrow, handheld but probably will strap it down to a pole), 23cm (cheap
yagi with 25W DEMI transverter), and 10GHz dish (DEMI transverter right
into the feed, 10mW I think). I'd appreciate any recommendations that are
not crazy far from home on where to setup.

Thanks,
-Bob N3XKB
Bob,

Start here: <http://www.nmvhf.org/reference.html> on the NM VHF web site.

Poke around on the web site for some Really Good info <http://nmvhf.org/>

I'll be posting my Rover plans later this evening.

73
Marvin L Jones | W3DHJ | W3DHJ | https://W3DHJ.net/
Pueblo, Colorado | @ | Jonesy | __ linux FreeBSD
38.238N 104.547W | jonz.net | DM78rf | 73 SK