Re: June contest questions

Arne N7KA

Probably anywhere in DM66 to provide a needed multiplier to others.

Arne N7KA

On 06/08/2020 3:06 PM redarlington <rdarlington@...> wrote:

Hi guys,

I'd like to participate in the contest this weekend to do an equipment shakedown.  I hear there are some locations that I can drive to and setup and make a few Qs, but really have no idea about where the preferred locations are or what's even close to me (I'm in Los Alamos).

The plan is to drag out the 6 meter hexbeam (folds up), small 2 meter beam (Arrow, handheld but probably will strap it down to a pole), 23cm (cheap yagi with 25W DEMI transverter), and 10GHz dish (DEMI transverter right into the feed, 10mW I think).   I'd appreciate any recommendations that are not crazy far from home on where to setup.

Thanks,
-Bob N3XKB