Re: About being Rover in ARRL JUNE VHF -- in NM

James Duffey

More than 4x. When I got mine, it cost $10. I was going to enter the Petrified Forest National Park during a 7th Call Area and the ranger said that instead of paying the park entry fee of $15, I could buy the pass for $10. I did and have not regretted it. It is a good deal, but not the one it used to be. Ginger has one too, she got it a bit before I did.

On May 16, 2020, at 07:56, Keith Morehouse <w9rm@...> wrote:

If one is over 62, a one-time fee of $80 (think that's what it is now) will get you a lifetime free pass for you and everyone in your vehicle to any National Park, Forest or Monument where entry fees are charged, as well as a discount on camping & services in said area.

They raised the fee 4X a few years ago, but it's still a good deal if you frequent such places.  Personally, as far as 'nature' goes, my opinion is if you have to pay to see it, it probably isn't worth it...(but, I do have a pass).

On Fri, May 15, 2020 at 8:44 PM Jonesy W3DHJ via groups.io <mailserver=jonz.net@groups.io> wrote:

So, yes, I'll check with them before heading out.
One "benefit" of COVID-19 is that National Park entries are free
for now -- but, there are very little or no services for the public.

Thanks for the URL, Duffey!  I'll keep checking it up to ARRL JUN VHF.

73