Re: About being Rover in ARRL JUNE VHF -- in NM

Jonesy W3DHJ

On Fri, 15 May 2020, James Duffey wrote:

Jonesy - Here is the web page with the current, as of May 15 NM
COVID-19 related information:

< https://www.newmexico.gov/2020/05/15/governor-signs-modified-extended-public-health-order-easing-some-restrictions-and-requiring-face-coverings/ >

These regulations are in effect until May 31, so, they will change
before the contest.

Pertinent to your visit:

Non-essential travel is still banned.
Seems to be a couple'o statements at odds:

"Crucially, much of the previous order will remain intact, particularly
the directive to stay at home except for outings essential to work,
health, safety and welfare."

-and-

"Additional state parks and certain outdoor recreation guides can
operate with CSPs (COVID-Safe Practices)."

Everyone must wear a mask in public.
Rovers avoid the public. HI!HI! But, I have my mask, and Purell!

Check with Capulin about potential restrictions there, but I think at
present all National Parks and Monuments are closed.
Maybe not; from the Capulin Volcano website:
"Following guidance from the White House, Centers for Disease Control
and Prevention, and state and local public health authorities, we are
increasing access and services in a phased approach across all units of
the National Park System. Before visiting a park, please check the park
website to determine its operating status."

So, yes, I'll check with them before heading out.
One "benefit" of COVID-19 is that National Park entries are free
for now -- but, there are very little or no services for the public.

Thanks for the URL, Duffey! I'll keep checking it up to ARRL JUN VHF.

73