From: main@nmvhf.groups.io <main@nmvhf.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ed
Sent: Monday, May 4, 2020 7:30 PM
To: main@nmvhf.groups.io; NMVHF <nmvhf@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [nmvhf] SK

Thanks Arne for writing this. I had started but just could not get the words to come out.

I had not known Stan as long as others here (20 years) but he was a true friend. He was a 6 meter lover. The last few years all he wanted was another Es season to work 6.

Stan spent most of his radio life on the HF bands and then one day he found out his radio covered 6 meters. He gave up HF and spent all his time on 6. A true NM 6 Meter beacon.

I had not heard him on the radio in quiet a spell so I started calling his cell phone and leaving voice mails to call me. All went unanswered. I then call the Police to do a Health and welfare check. The Police said no one came to the door. There were no signs of forced entry.

This was strange. His wife was confined to a wheelchair and had 24/7 care living with them. Both were never away from home at the same time.

I did some searching on line for his son’s phone number but all numbers were no longer in use.

I sent a message to Dane WB9ERE who Stan used to talk to almost every day and asked if he knew anything. He called Bill W5WM who told him that Stan had become a SK in January.

Dave called me and told me that news that I knew was going to be bad.

I still can not find any document the says he died in January.

I had visited Stan and his wife on January 16th had coffee and spent an hour just talking about the good old days.

We hug and said good bye. I did not think it would be the last time.

Stan we will always remember W5 Zipper Flipper. He would call CQ on 6 and end it with “I Still believe in Miracles”     73 my friend

Ed n5jeh

Sent from Mail for Windows 10