Re: DM63

KC7QY

Bruce,

Ideally you'd want to go up to Magdalena Ridge. At 10,000 ft this is not a particularly good time to try that though, I can see the snow up there from town now. AA5PR ran from up there as a rover last June with WSJT. The DM63 line is just south of Socorro, the line runs just about through the landfill. If you take the old Hwy 1 south from Socorro, once you pass the landfill there are a couple of pullouts where one could set up. A bit farther south, without crossing I-25 on Hwy 1 but continuing south,you can access some open country, mostly BLM land with pretty good shots to the north and east. There's an old AT&T tower down there and the road turns west and rises into the foothills. Plenty of open space to operate.

West from here we do have the two ridges but I have been able to work AZ and southern CA with my 3 el and 100 wts pretty regularly.

Jim KC7QY

On Sunday, December 22, 2019, 02:34:41 PM MST, Bruce Draper <bruceaa5b@...> wrote:

Timely.
I was going to send you eMail in the next couple of days. I'm finally back in NM and can do it soon. We have company this week, but next week is open. I have 3 elements, 500 Watts.

On Dec 22, 2019, at 2:15 PM, Keith Morehouse <w9rm@...> wrote:

Would anyone be willing to take a trip to DM63 with equipment to run meteor scatter (or brute force troposcatter if you can run power) with me ?  For M/S, 100W and a 3 element beam would probably do the trick - more is better, of course...

That's the only grid I've never worked in NM on 6.  Maybe during the January VHF test in a couple weeks or the weekend after New Years for the peak of the Quadrantids ??  With decent equipment on your end, it should be an easy shot and I'm sure there would be other interested parties.