Re: DM95

Keith Morehouse

FT8 officially sucks as a mode when there is meteor scatter mixed in.  Just a single big ping of scatter within FT8's 15 sec receive window will likely prevent a decode on a weak signal.

I suspect FT4 would suffer the same.. maybe worse.

On Fri, Sep 13, 2019, 10:38 AM Ed <n5jeh@...> wrote:

No just shorter requirement for a exchange. A  short ping on FT8 is useless but a contact can be made with msk with nothing but short pings. Takes a lot of time however

Ed N5jeh

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

ED  N5JEH   DM65RD