From: Keith Morehouse
Sent: Saturday, August 17, 2019 8:06 AM
To: nmvhf@groups.io
Subject: Re: [nmvhf] email posting to groups.io

Does anyone from the club actually use the dedicated Slack channel ?

Slack is good for real-time interaction but there is no archiving of messages beyond a certain point and, the bad part, you actually have to be monitoring (on-line) to see what's going on.  At least messaging sites like .io send you emails of everything.  Yes, I know millennials don't 'do' email anymore, which is why Slack has sprung into being.  But, why would they be anymore right about messaging then they are about anything else, 'hmmm ?

On Fri, Aug 16, 2019, 5:36 PM Bill <bill4070@...> wrote:

Jonesy,

There's a new system that's taken most everyone off groups io anyway.  It's called slack channel.  You can find the NMVHF Society at

There's also may other VHF channels you'll be interested in.  Check it out.

73 Bill W7QQ

On Fri, Aug 16, 2019 at 4:19 PM Jonesy W3DHJ via Groups.Io <mailserver=jonz.net@groups.io> wrote:

I see no interest on their side in fixing this.
Both my ISP and I have eliminated everything
between my VPS and their servers.
I'll just move on with my life -- without groups.io.
I'll still be signed up for the NMVHF --
it'll just be read-only --
unless I'm motivated enough to log on through the clunky browser gui.