Re: Tower removal

Keith Morehouse

If you get in a bind, find someone with a vehicle recovery winch on their 4X4.  I raised and lowered 40' of 45G on a hinge base, with 15' mast, rotor and antennas, several times with no issues.  25G is a third of the weight of 45.

Run the winch line over a sturdy ladder right next to the tower do your pull angle doesn't get to critical for those final few feet to the ground.

On Wed, Aug 7, 2019, 8:18 PM Mike WB2FKO <mph@...> wrote:
I have 4 sections of Rohn 25 on a hinged base that needs to come down.
I have tried contacting N5SDO, but no response. NM5MS was also
recommended but no contact info.  N5SJ knows a guy out in the Grants
area who I also called without success.  Can anyone advise? I'd prefer
someone in or around Albuquerque.

Mike WB2FKO