Re: KK6MC/r in June VHF contest

James Duffey

Yeah, some people are clueless. Not sure why working dupes is a bad thing, but many contesters think it is.

On Jun 18, 2019, at 21:55, Bruce Draper <bruceaa5b@...> wrote:

I wish I had a recording of this exchange in the June contest, 6-meter phone. It was kinda funny, kinda irritating.

K9GX: CQ contest CQ contest this is K 9 Germany X-ray (I think that was the call).
Me: Alpha alpha five bravo.
Him: AA5B you’re a dupe.
Me: You’re not in my log.
Him: I can’t work you. CQ contest k 9 Germany xray.
Me: You’re not in my log, can we please work? delta mike 65
Him: AA5B you’re a dupe and I can’t work you.
Me: You’re going to send in a log with me in it, I’m going to send in a log without you in it, and you’re going to be penalized. Can’t we just work now?
Him: I’m not going to argue with you, and I’m not going to work you. Cq cq cq contest...

All of that took at least 5 times longer that it would’ve to just work me.

VHF is hard, I guess.

    -Bruce AA5B

On Tuesday, June 18, 2019, James Duffey <JamesDuffey@...> wrote:

K9YR was kind enough to forward these recordings of me in the June VHF contest from DM66. K9YR is in EN52. Conditions were very good. - Duffey KK6MC