Re: VHF contest

Steve London

On 06/06/2019 10:53 AM, James Duffey wrote:
Steve - How many QSOes and mults would it take on 2M to give you incentive to
get on?

From past experience, I can fill out the log for my 2 meter QSO's right now:

- The 3 guys in El Paso (K5LA, K5PHF, ...)
- WB2FKO
- W7QQ
- Maybe N1AV
- AA7A, if he is on
- WA7JTM, if he goes to DM53 or DM54
- K5AM (W5SIX) if he is on from his mountain QTH

WA0QJE would be on the list, but I would be borrowing his 2 meter radio.
NM5SD is an SK.

None of the rovers will be in range. Guys running <=100 watts to small beams living in (Phoenix, Tucson, Albuquerque) valleys just aren't workable from here.

Life is tough on VHF in DM52XT, even on a hilltop :)

73,
Steve, N2IC