Re: VHF contest

James Duffey

Steve - How many QSOes and mults would it take on 2M to give you incentive to get on?

On Jun 6, 2019, at 09:54, Mike WB2FKO <mph@sportscliche.com> wrote:

Steve, that setup would work very nicely for 2m meteor scatter on MSK144. Yes, it's harder on 2m than 6, but you can setup skeds on Pingjockey. I suspect you'd get a lot of interest being in a rare grid. Admittedly there's not a lot of contest incentive when the more difficult 2m QSOs count the same as 6m. -FKO

On 6/6/19 8:08 AM, Steve London wrote:
I will be on 6 meters, CW, SSB and FT8.

I could borrow some 2 meter equipment, but there is very little incentive for me to bother here on the eastern edge of DM52. I did this several years in a row in the previous decade, when there was even more 2 meter CW and SSB activity than now. My 2 meter record in the June contest was 14 QSO's ! That was with 150 watts, 17 elements, and a hilltop QTH.

73,
Steve, N2IC