Re: VHF contest

Mike WB2FKO

Steve, that setup would work very nicely for 2m meteor scatter on MSK144.  Yes, it's harder on 2m than 6, but you can setup skeds on Pingjockey.  I suspect you'd get a lot of interest being in a rare grid.  Admittedly there's not a lot of contest incentive when the more difficult 2m QSOs count the same as 6m. -FKO

On 6/6/19 8:08 AM, Steve London wrote:
I will be on 6 meters, CW, SSB and FT8.

I could borrow some 2 meter equipment, but there is very little incentive for me to bother here on the eastern edge of DM52. I did this several years in a row in the previous decade, when there was even more 2 meter CW and SSB activity than now. My 2 meter record in the June contest was 14 QSO's ! That was with 150 watts, 17 elements, and a hilltop QTH.

73,
Steve, N2IC