Re: Close-spaced rover antennas

John Klem

I have wondered the same thing.  On my antenna stack, which is not even that closely spaced, I have played it safe and disconnected the coax on the non-transmitting antennas.  So far.  I had a bad experience (actually, two bad experiences) with satellite antennas and an expensive GaAs FET preamp years ago to guide me.
If you have a sensitive RF power meter, it would be interesting to connect it to one of the non-transmitting antennas and see if you can measure any power coming down the coax when you transmit into the adjacent antenna.  I may try that next weekend.
John, AA5PR