Re: Portable 6 mtr yagi?

Bill

Hi Bruce,

The M^2 6M5 is my favorite (not the 6M5X). It’s 15 feet long but weighs only 11.5 lbs. all elements except the driven element can be folded against the boom for transport/storage. Wing nuts can be substituted for the hex nuts provided.

If you prefer something (a lot) smaller the PAR Moxon is a good choice. 3 dBi gain with surprising f/b ratio. Much better than a loop. Very easy set up/takedown.

73 Bill W7QQ

On May 22, 2019, at 6:30 AM, Bruce Draper <bruceaa5b@...> wrote:

I’m looking for recommendations for a good portable 6-meter yagi. Good performer, 3 or 4 elements, preferably direct feed, easy to transport (comes apart in only 4 or 5 pieces — boom plus elements), assembles/disassembles easily (maybe even wing nuts!), not a heavyweight. I started sorting through the reviews on eHam.net but it wasn’t much help. Can you guys steer me to something?

   -Bruce AA5B