Re: Icom 9700?

Bruce Draper

For those of you willing to take the plunge, the price dropped to a little under $1900 today (DXE, GigaParts, etc.).

On Thursday, May 16, 2019, Alden Oyer <atoyer@...> wrote:
Thanks Bob,

Maybe I’ll wait a while.

73 de Alden, AG5S

On May 15, 2019, at 23:16, redarlington <rdarlington@...> wrote:

I'd read up on the moon-net list about this one.  The big themes have been that Icom completely missed the mark on the 10MHz input on back (used only to do manual calibrations), it drifts in digital modes, and is overall not suited for EME work.

-Bob N3XKB

On Wed, May 15, 2019 at 6:05 PM Bruce Draper <bruceaa5b@...> wrote:
With Dayton discounts sure to come in the next day or two, I’ve been wondering about the IC9700. In its short life, has it had a good reputation among the VHF/UHF gang?

I’m curious about something else... is there a good technical reason it doesn’t cover the 6-meter band?

   -Bruce AA5B