Re: I fixed my APRS

Keith Morehouse

Wait...'illegal' power at 78 GHz ??  There's a power or ERP limit on these bands ?  Is someone concerned with RF exposure limits or is this a shared band and there is a limit due to potential interference ?

I know there is autonomous vehicle systems work going on around there somewhere - is that the concern ?

I can't imagine it's possible to build devices with Po greater then maybe +25 to +30 dBm (if even that high) at 78 GHz.

On Sat, Mar 2, 2019, 12:36 PM Bill <bill4070@...> wrote:
Keith,

Just one record category. I think it’s 302 km.

78 has issues with low legal power. Many stations exceed legal limits..... so there are legal records and illegal “records”. Experiments are often done with illegal power, then antenna gain is improved and a retry with legal power is redone on a good day (low dew point). We will be experimenting.

I’m along to learn and support and determine pointing with 10 GHz.

Bill

On Mar 2, 2019, at 7:43 AM, Keith Morehouse <w9rm@...> wrote:

Anybody know the current 78 GHz DX record ?
Are there two records at microwvar frequencies ? ?
Something like "Coastal" (..where ducting is common) and "Inland" ?

On Fri, Mar 1, 2019 at 7:23 PM Bill <bill4070@...> wrote:
Rr Duffy,

It’ll help to have APRS going again.

Looks like the 10 thru 78 AZ microfest is back on.  It’s 3-7 thru 3-9. Mostly focusing on 10 for pointing and 47 and 78 for DX experiments.

Bill W7QQ