When you refer to running two screens, does that mean you're also running two computers; each running WSJT-X and each monitoring several JT modes? OR do you run two different WSJT instances on one machine; each on a different mode?  If you do all that on one machine, what's the limit on number of instances?  Could you run eight with a Flex 6700 for instance?

Nice you're picking up DX from VK and nearby parts.  You're becoming a regular!

73 Bill W7QQ

On Thu, Jan 3, 2019 at 11:12 AM Ed <n5jeh@...> wrote:

Hi Mike. Glad you got in for some of it. VK4MA says the JT65 thing is because that’s what they have been using to work the SA stations around this time of the year. I guess the SA stations still hang on to JT65 modes. But it was nice to see some on FT8 . Hope everyone gets on the same page soon. I still run 2 screens all the time. Monitor 2 freq’s at the same time. Glad to see some ES activity this winter finally

Ed N5JEH.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: WB2FKO
Sent: Thursday, January 3, 2019 10:21 AM
To: nmvhf@groups.io
Subject: Re: [nmvhf] 6m Es Last Evening #vhf

I caught the tail end of the opening and worked a couple of new Hawaii stations on FT8.  pskreporter showed many VK stations using FT8, so I never bothered checking JT65. Guess that was a mistake, although by the time I was operating the propagation was not being sustained long enough (> 4 minutes) required to complete on JT65.

Seems odd that many of the VKs are so committed to JT65 for 6m DX. The 3 dB advantage it has on FT8 is significant, but unclear if it's worth the time tradeoff when the Es path can disappear, reappear, and disappear so quickly. Mike DM65rc

On 1/3/19 9:10 AM, Ed wrote:

Hello Dave. Saw people calling you yesterday. Good on the Winter Es yesterday. Almost as much fun as the Summer Es. Good on VK4MA.  Only VK worked here was VK4HL. I was heard by several VK4's, VK3's and a VK5.

Also heard by 3D2AG. All on JT65A. Form some reasons most VK’s are still hanging on to the JT65 mode. Have to keep two screens up and active now. More fun. Good DX this 2019 year.

Ed N5JEH dm65rd

Sent from Mail for Windows 10