Re: 6m Es Last Evening #vhf

Arne N7KA

I got a phone call from W5ZF saying 6M was open.  I heard a few folks on SSB, no CW, but FT8 was active.  I did manage to work NH6Y barefoot (91.6W) on FT8 plus XE2JS  and some W stns.  My amp was not happy for some reason.

Arne N7KA

On January 3, 2019 at 10:21 AM WB2FKO <mph@...> wrote:

I caught the tail end of the opening and worked a couple of new Hawaii stations on FT8.  pskreporter showed many VK stations using FT8, so I never bothered checking JT65. Guess that was a mistake, although by the time I was operating the propagation was not being sustained long enough (> 4 minutes) required to complete on JT65.

Seems odd that many of the VKs are so committed to JT65 for 6m DX. The 3 dB advantage it has on FT8 is significant, but unclear if it's worth the time tradeoff when the Es path can disappear, reappear, and disappear so quickly. Mike DM65rc

On 1/3/19 9:10 AM, Ed wrote:

Hello Dave. Saw people calling you yesterday. Good on the Winter Es yesterday. Almost as much fun as the Summer Es. Good on VK4MA.  Only VK worked here was VK4HL. I was heard by several VK4's, VK3's and a VK5.

Also heard by 3D2AG. All on JT65A. Form some reasons most VK’s are still hanging on to the JT65 mode. Have to keep two screens up and active now. More fun. Good DX this 2019 year.

Ed N5JEH dm65rd

Sent from Mail for Windows 10