Re: Central States VHF Society Conference

Keith Morehouse

I had reserved a room back in the spring and then things changed and I let it go.  Now, the wife is heading back east over that weekend and I could again go.  But, the cheap rooms are gone, it's a 12 hour drive, it's way to $$ to fly from Podunk field CO to Podunk field KS - hmmm, what other excuses are there ?

Maybe next year again - I've made the last 3-4 in a row.

-W9RM

Keith J Morehouse
Managing Partner
Calmesa Partners G.P.
Olathe, CO

On Wed, Jul 18, 2018 at 1:16 PM, KC7QY <kc7qy@...> wrote:
Duffey,

I'm registered too. My schedule is tight for departure on Thursday so will be driving alone. Save a couple beers for me! (Actually, I've also picked up some NM beer to take along).

Jim KC7QY

To: nmvhf@groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2018 10:12 AM
Subject: [nmvhf] Central States VHF Society Conference

If you are on the fence about going to the Central States VHF Society Conference in Wichita July 26 to July 29, while you can register at any time up to and including the conference, if you want to have lunches on Friday and Saturday with speakers, and want to go to the banquet on Saturday evening, tomorrow, July 19, is the last day to register for those events. 

I find the conference well worth going to. Here is the schedule of events:

And registration is here:

The web page indicates that rooms are still available at the CSVHF discounted rate, but the cutoff was supposed to be July 6, so I don’t know if that is accurate or not. 

As far as I know, we will have five NM VHF Society members attending, N5JEH, N7KA, N5SJ, K5WO, and myself. I am driving with N5SJ and K5WO, and I think that N5JEH and N7KA are driving together. I have room for one more, as long as you aren’t taking a steamer trunk, not sure if Ed and Arne have room for additional people. Contact them.

The CSVHF conference antenna measuring range is one of the few opportunities to get a reasonably accurate picture of your antenna’s performance. I know K5WO is bringing a couple of antennas to measure. If you want me to take an antenna along for you, let me know and we can make arrangements. If it is long, you may get a few bugs on it if I have to strap it to the roof. Although one wouldn’t think it, the antenna measuring range is also good spectator sport. 

I am also taking some New Mexico beer to donate on behalf of the NM VHF society for the hospitality suites.  - Duffey KK6MC

James Duffey KK6MC
Cedar Crest NM

Join main@nmvhf.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.