From: James Duffey <JamesDuffey@...>
To: nmvhf@groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2018 10:12 AM
Subject: [nmvhf] Central States VHF Society Conference

If you are on the fence about going to the Central States VHF Society Conference in Wichita July 26 to July 29, while you can register at any time up to and including the conference, if you want to have lunches on Friday and Saturday with speakers, and want to go to the banquet on Saturday evening, tomorrow, July 19, is the last day to register for those events.

I find the conference well worth going to. Here is the schedule of events:

And registration is here:

The web page indicates that rooms are still available at the CSVHF discounted rate, but the cutoff was supposed to be July 6, so I don’t know if that is accurate or not.

As far as I know, we will have five NM VHF Society members attending, N5JEH, N7KA, N5SJ, K5WO, and myself. I am driving with N5SJ and K5WO, and I think that N5JEH and N7KA are driving together. I have room for one more, as long as you aren’t taking a steamer trunk, not sure if Ed and Arne have room for additional people. Contact them.

The CSVHF conference antenna measuring range is one of the few opportunities to get a reasonably accurate picture of your antenna’s performance. I know K5WO is bringing a couple of antennas to measure. If you want me to take an antenna along for you, let me know and we can make arrangements. If it is long, you may get a few bugs on it if I have to strap it to the roof. Although one wouldn’t think it, the antenna measuring range is also good spectator sport.

I am also taking some New Mexico beer to donate on behalf of the NM VHF society for the hospitality suites.  - Duffey KK6MC