Re: ARRL January VHF Contest results posted

Bill

Jim,

Very nice report!  I liked that it had a very broad perspective.  Something in it for everyone.  See you at Fina tomorrow where I'll have $$ and a battery.

I've been working with AF9O, who will rove for the June contest.  He'll have a modest station on 6, 2, not sure about 222 but 432 and 1296 for sure. He'll be in a Suby Outback and will setup/breakdown at each new op site. He borrowed a PAR Moxon from me and the remaining antennas are cheap yagis.  I've done some on air testing and Eugene has a good signal on all bands when elevated and clear of vegetation (his home QTH isn't). He's working on planning now...... probably Moriarty. Pretty fun watching him light up each new band.

Bob Darlington N3XKB Los Alimos is also now on 144 and 1296.

Bill W7QQ

On Sat, May 26, 2018 at 9:23 PM, James Duffey <JamesDuffey@...> wrote:
The ARRL January VHF Contest results are now available from the ARRL website:

The NM VHF Society had a good showing, finishing 11th in the Medium Club category.  We were narrowly beat out by the AZ Outlaws Contest Club, who had 3 times as many entrants! So thanks to all who contributed to the club score.

Jim, KC7YQ, finished top in SO3B for the Rocky Mountain Division

W7QQ with W7QQ, WB2FKO, and KG5FHU as ops, took tops in Rocky Mountain Division for the Multioperator Unlimited

The June VHF contest is in two weeks, so start getting prepped now. - Duffey KK6MC