Re: CQ VHF and contest rule

Keith Morehouse

If I recall correctly, there is no circle for ARRL contests.  The club is set up as a regional entity, encompassing only the state of NM.

I still send in logs crediting NMVHFS though :)

via Moto G6

On Wed, Jul 13, 2022, 1:43 PM Jonesy W3DHJ via groups.io <mailserver=jonz.net@groups.io> wrote:
On Wed, 13 Jul 2022, James Duffey wrote:

>I think for CQ WW VHF as long as part of the rove is within club
>territory, the entire score counts. That is not the way it is for ARRL
>contest though.  I will check the rules. - Duffey KK6MC
>>>
>>> Curious I am:
>>> What would a 5-Land rover do if they started at their club center in
>>> Brownsville, Texas and rovered all the way to International Falls,
>>> Minnesota?

Yep, the ARRL rules are more complicated.  The rover needs to submit a
summary sheet for the contacts _outside_ the club circle.
Although I dunno how you put a summary sheet into Cabrillo format.
HI!HI!

The CQ rules have always seemed simple - yet vague at the margins.