Re: CQ VHF and contest rule

James Duffey

I have done that in the past, identifying which QSOs were outside the club territory in the “Soapbox” section of the header. I think it worked, but it is an awkward way to do things. - Duffey KK6MC

On Jul 13, 2022, at 14:43, Jonesy W3DHJ via groups.io <mailserver@...> wrote:

On Wed, 13 Jul 2022, James Duffey wrote:

I think for CQ WW VHF as long as part of the rove is within club
territory, the entire score counts. That is not the way it is for ARRL
contest though. I will check the rules. - Duffey KK6MC

Curious I am:
What would a 5-Land rover do if they started at their club center in
Brownsville, Texas and rovered all the way to International Falls,
Minnesota?
Yep, the ARRL rules are more complicated. The rover needs to submit a
summary sheet for the contacts _outside_ the club circle.
Although I dunno how you put a summary sheet into Cabrillo format.
HI!HI!

The CQ rules have always seemed simple - yet vague at the margins.