Re: Analog only categories in June VHF Contest

Jonesy W3DHJ

On Wed, 27 Apr 2022, Keith Morehouse wrote:

So, THIS is the result of the survey we responded to last year ? They did
the absolute minimum to address the analog v digital question. Since you
can still only work a guy once per band, these new "analog only" categories
will have minimal opportunity for Qs. I foresee them being a dismal
failure, with scores maybe 10% of the mixed mode entries.
Furthermore, if it was felt that a distinction should be made for
"analog only" participants, why was the rover class(es) left out?

That's my reading of the new VHF rules PDF:

https://contests.arrl.org/ContestRules/JanJunSep-VHF-Rules.pdf

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Marvin L Jones | W3DHJ | W3DHJ | https://W3DHJ.net/
Pueblo, Colorado | @ | Jonesy | __ linux FreeBSD
38.238N 104.547W | jonz.net | DM78rf | 73 SK