Re: September VHF Event

John Klem

My plan is to operate Saturday only, starting in DM53xx and moving just a bit at some point to DM54, depending on activity.  I think I'll have internet there, so look for me on the NMVHF slack chat channel for coordination, or feel free to send me a text at 505-373-4671 or 505-339-5411.  SSB, CW, FT8.

6 m: 3 el. yagi 100 W
2 m: 6 el. yagi 100 W
432: 11 el. yagi 50 W

John, AA5PR/R

On 9/7/2021 6:53 PM, Kyle Best, KC0LFQ via groups.io wrote:
Wondering if anyone is planning to work the VHF contest this weekend.  I am thinking about going down to Gallinas Peak (DM74cf) on Saturday morning.  See if I can maybe work the locals on 6m, 2m and 70cm back in Albuquerque.  I don't plan to make it an overnight, since I won't have an FT-8 computer setup with my current power budget (45 watt solar panel and a battery), and once the local contacts have been worked, there's not much sense waiting around on 6m for a ssb contact to show up.

I have 23cm, 6cm and 3cm transverters, at ~10mW each, feeding horn antennas, (circuit-board yagi on 23cm) and could take them along to try if anyone will be out roving the south plains.  I doubt I can get back to Abq with them since the Manzano's would be in the way.

Hope to hear some folks around on Saturday.

-- Kyle, KC0LFQ