Glad I had a good run in DM31!!
Tom
N7GP/R

On 2021-06-18 14:20, John Klem wrote:
Saturday was a pretty good day. I was able to work quite a few in all
directions on 6 m FT8 from the DM56/66 line south of Bloomfield, then
moved to just DM66 for more. I had a few SSB QSOs to 6 land in the
evening, but despite huge signals just couldn't sustain that.
I came home, got 4 hours sleep, and then drove to the DM85/86 line
between Tucumcari and Clayton for a late start Sunday. Things were
much tougher there, with marginal conditions on 6 m and almost no cell
service. I was informed by a polite but humorless rancher that the
first spot I operated from, which I thought was a county road, was a
private road. The second spot was right next to power lines that were
somewhat noisy. To top it off, my 6 m antenna developed an electrical
problem (that I haven't yet had the right combination of time and
courage to fully investigate) that required me to quit in the late
afternoon.
I had zero QSOs above 6 m, which is a real problem considering the
additional effort required to carry antennas for 2 and 432. So I will
be addressing that one way or another in future contests.
161 QSO points, 83 multipliers, 13,363 points, give or take.
John, AA5PR/R
On 6/18/2021 6:24 AM, Bruce Draper wrote:

Several of you went out roving or expeditioning for the contest last
weekend (WØAMT, N7GP, AA5PR, KK6MC, ...), and probably others
operated from home. How'd it go?
-Bruce AA5B/3
Links:
------