Re: AFRL

Keith Morehouse

Jim, I read about this in one of the various NASA/SAE pubs I get.  The brief goes into more detail, but, basically, there is (or was) a project running at AFRL NM that uses a novel method of real-time sporadic E detection involving broadband noise from the national power grid.  It appears they have (or had..) a pretty extensive detector network down there somewhere and, when reading between the lines of the brief, it appears someone involved probably has a amateur license.

I was curious if the data generated from the detector array was available.

On Mon, Dec 21, 2020, 6:13 PM JamesDuffey <jamesduffey@...> wrote:
I used to do some contract work for parts of AFRL, but that was three years ago. Let me know what the project is and I will let you know if I know anything about it.

On Dec 21, 2020, at 18:03, Keith Morehouse <w9rm@...> wrote:

Does anybody on the list work at AFRL ?  I have a question about a research project (that's been made public..) that might be of interest to VHFers.

Feel free to contact me direct at w9rm@... if you feel more comfortable.