Re: Club call

Bob Kmak

Hi Arne,

I totally agree and expect that I would be notified if anyone was going to use the call. I don’t believe it was a valid contact but wanted to try to make sure that no one was using our club call on 160m. I’m going to return the card.

As far as a pirate using the call that’s more difficult. I’ll look into it as much as I can- if anyone sees our call showing up in spots please let me know.

73,

Bob K5WO

On Nov 9, 2020, at 1:10 PM, ARNE GJERNING <n7ka@comcast.net> wrote:

AS trustee you are responsible for all actions as the result of someone using the call. Therefore you should control use closely. No NMVHF club member should be using the call UNLESS you have authorized another club member to use it for an event. Technically, this means if I would like to use the W5UHF call in a VHF contest I must first ask you and receive permission to do so from you. And it would be a good idea to keep aa log of call use.

To that end you should consider publishing a note to all members that use of W5UHF requires a request and approval from you.

Now for that W6GLN?? QSL request, advise him no one was AUTHORIZED to use the call.

And W9RM is right, how can you mess up a call in FT8 when the call is derived by setup data in the computer
Arne N7KA