Re: ARRL September VHF contest

John Klem

I'm thinking I might try DM76/85/86 (near the convergence) next month, if I can figure out stuff like where I would sleep and what I would eat.  If I do that, I too would love to work someone in DM74.  Or anywhere else....

John AA5PR

On 8/17/2020 1:44 PM, Keith Morehouse wrote:
We're about 3 1/2 weeks out from the September contest.  I'm hoping I can talk someone into visiting both DM74 & DM76 with 6M and WSJT capability (just in case..).  Of course, we can work on 2, 222 & 432 also !

I need a 6M confirmation for DM76 .  That's one of the last handful of grids I need for FFMA (that's all 488 domestic grids worked on 6).  I also need a 6M DM74 contact for another award.

Both these grids have easy access to known good locations and we shouldn't have any trouble at all working, as long as you have at least a Moxon (or better..) and 100W (or more - more is good !)  I have worked rovers from DM74 in the past on CW or SSB and DM76 is a far better site.  Having WSJT capabilities will cover us if things are "bad".

What say, anyone ?